Conejo Community Thanksgiving 2017
Last year you helped us feed
Many families in our community live paycheck-to-paycheck and purchasing the ingredients for a holiday meal can be a large financial burden, using a huge part of a family's monthly food budget.
Each Thanksgiving, we will be sourcing ingredient and monetary donations from the community in order to provide local families with the full ingredients to cook a complete meal for their families, in their own home.
Holiday memories often center around a meal – the warmth coming from the oven as the smells mingle in the air, culminating in sitting as a family and enjoying the time together. We would like to provide that experience for as many families as we can, for whom it would ordinarily be out of reach or strain finances.
Would you like to nominate a family?
Please email us at email@example.com with the size of the family, location of family, name of the head of the household, and a phone number and/or email address the family can be reached at. We will respond to each request and do our best to accommodate based on donations received.
Did you know that a $50 donation will cover the cost of one
• November 17th-21st: donations of canned goods and non-perishables received at Host locations in each city.
• November 21st:
Pick-up of donations from host locations, sorting and organization of food packages
• November 22nd:
Thanksgiving meal package distribution and pick-up. For those families picking up their packages, the location of pick-up will be Tang Soo Do University. (Time TBD)
Each family will receive the same meal, tailored to family size.
• We are seeking donations in the form of canned goods, non-perishable items, & turkeys. Please see the complete list.
• For those who wish to contribute a monetary donation, we can receive funds via Paypal or by check. (For check, please email us). To donate via paypal, you can do so HERE.
Did you know that a $50 donation will help fund an entire family's Thanksgiving Meal package?
• We will be looking for volunteers for our Thanksgiving Meal packaging and organization day & our meal dispersal day, (Nov. 21st and Nov. 22nd). Please email us with your availability.
• We are also looking for HOSTS in each of our cities (Camarillo, Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Westlake, Calabasas & Agoura).
Our hosts will be available to receive donations between the dates of November 17th-21st, and have additional refrigerator space & pantry space for turkey and non-perishable drop-offs. Hosts will need to be able to drop off donations at 4pm, Tuesday, November 21st to our central sorting location.