According to area demographics listed on the Conejo Valley Chamber's page... we have roughly $150,000 residents of the Conejo Valley.
What are the odds that when the event leadership team for Relay For Life Conejo Valley sat down to determine a fundraising goal this year, we settled on aiming for $150,000 funds raised for the American Cancer Society?? WHEW. That's a big undertaking for a team comprised mostly of new volunteers with some very valuable veterans guiding us through the process.
SO, for a second, let's not talk about money. Of course Relay For Life is ACS' signature nationwide fundraising event, but it's SO MUCH MORE than that... and I bet you didn't know it!
What is Relay For Life?
Great question! It's not a race, or a sprint!
It's a walk.... a 24-hour-walk designed to honor those battling cancer and those who bravely fought before.
DATE: May 20-21, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Conejo Creek Park.
THEME: SUPERHEROES! BE A HERO FOR THE CURE!
So, it's not a race? Do I have to walk the entire 24 hours?! What happens if I don't?
NOPE! You don't! Of course, we'd love everyone to participate in the Relay and walk for as long as they can, or want, but you get to determine for how long you participate for. Come for two hours, four hours, eight hours... rotate with team members.... getting out to Relay is the most important part of this Conejo Valley community event!
Does everyone just walk at Relay For Life?
Well, we hope LOTS of people are walking, but even if you aren't, we welcome you to come out and see what Relay For Life is all about! It's a FREE, FAMILY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY EVENT!
Everyone is welcome! Come enjoy. You can even sign up the DAY OF to participate!
**** Make sure to bring cash with you for food and vendors and the silent auction!!
Live Entertainment all day long (even catch a few songs from Cabrillo Music Theatre's upcoming PETER PAN this July), in addition to tons of bands!
A FREE ALL DAY KIDS' CAMP WITH ACTIVITIES---- WHAT?!!?!? YES!!!!
FOOD TRUCKS FOR DINNER! -- they'll be donating a % back to Relay because they're awesome!
SILENT AUCTION --- PSSSSST..... one of the prizes? Chick-fil-a once a week for an entire year!
ISLAND'S BURGERS FOR LUNCH (So generous of them to donate their food each year for this event... You buy the burger and that amount goes directly to ACS!).
A SPECIAL SURVIVOR LUNCHEON for survivors attending the Relay. (If you are one, make sure to sign up via the website!)
LATE NIGHT PIZZA TREAT!! Gotta keep those carbs coming!
LUMINARIA CEREMONY — Light luminaria to light the pathways in honor those braving (and who have braved) cancer.
CAMP UNDER THE STARS -- Each team gets dedicated tent sites! Make sure you bring your easy-ups and tables and tents! You'll have space to set up and camp. Plenty of room for multiple tents per team! You'll be notified via your team captain email about your tent site.
A BOUTIQUES' ROW -- local businesses featured! They'll all be donating a % earned back to Relay!
SUNDAY MORNING PANCAKE BREAKFAST TREAT! Nom nom nom
AND, A WHOLE LOT MORE!
1) Gather a team together. It can be as big or as a small as you want it to be! We always say, the more the merrier!
GO HERE >>> SIGN UP TODAY!
2) Sign up your team on the website (it's FREE to Relay). Create your team profile and start sharing your link with friends and family!
3) There is no minimum amount to raise... but to earn a shirt, $100/person must be raised.
4) Our experienced team lead will then be in touch to guide you through the process!
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO OUR RELAY FOR LIFE MEETINGS! COME AND LEARN ABOUT THE EVENT! MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM CAPTAINS SWING BY! UPCOMING DATES AND MEETINGS HERE: NEXT MEETING.
1) Well, you can always donate to CCO's Relay for Life team! All funds go directly to the American Cancer Society!
2) Become a business sponsor for Relay! For $100, you can have your business card featured in our Event Program. There are also multiple levels of sponsor tiers —
1) Signature Sponsor ($500) — Brand Recognition, Sponsor lap, Certificate of Appreciation
2) Bronze Sponsor ($1,000) — Brand Recognition, Company Name on event TSHIRT, opportunity to have banner displayed, Certificate of Appreciation
3) Silver Sponsor ($2,500) — Rights to promote sponsorship in company materials, opportunity for company banner display, sponsor recognition lap, company logo on website, event TSHIRT, announcement during event, certificate of appreciation
4) Gold Sponsor ($5,000) — All of the above plus recognition gift, logo on all event promotional materials, giant 5-foot ribbon display and beyond
5) Platinum Sponsor ($7,500) — All of the above plus three promotional announcements during Relay, access to ACS workplace wellness programs for organization
To learn more about sponsorships, contact Eric Knight at email@example.com
We share our fundraisers on our Facebook Page Relay For Life Conejo Valley!
We have an amazing BORDERLINE BAR Fundraiser coming up on Friday, April 21! Buy online early and save!
We also have Weekly restaurant fundraisers that you can view under our events on our Facebook page!
VIEW A LIST OF OUR UPCOMING FUNDRAISERS YOU CAN SHARE AND ATTEND TO SUPPORT OUR FUNDRAISING EFFORT S ...